Level 4 Group
Lego Robotics is ATSA’s advanced intermediary outpatient group. Lego Robotics Group Therapy at ATSA requires verbal participation and collaboration with peers. It is intended for those further along in their recovery, where interaction with peers is expected. The group is specifically designed to continue practicing speaking and socially participating in groups, while navigating group dynamics to successfully complete group projects. Therapeutic group goals include: 1) habituating to speaking and social anxiety, 2) increasing assertiveness within a group, 3) increasing verbalization within a group, 4) creating an awareness of group roles and rules, and 5) practicing flexibility while working in a group format.
The prerequisites for Level 4 groups are as follows:
- Must have completed sessions at ATSA within the last three months, including at least one peer session (1:1 Child to Therapist ratio) or group session (1:3 Child to Therapist ratio).
- Demonstrates the ability to separate from parent(s) after a 5-10 min warm up during individual therapy session and group therapy session.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond directly to Group Therapist in the presence of a peer during the Preview Session.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact verbally with limited assistance by the Group Facilitator at the Preview Session.
Readiness for this group can be demonstrated by the following:
In the Past 6 months:
- Previous experience in a lower level group therapy (e.g., Come Play, Courage Club, Social Thinking Group, etc.) is an indicator of readiness for this advanced group
- Has participated in Adventure Camp or Winter Adventure (1:1 Camper to Counselor ratio)
- Has participated in level 5 Social Exposures Group (1:5 ratio) at ATS
If you are not sure if your child meets these prerequisites, talk it over with your child's therapist. If it has been over three months since your child has been in treatment at ATS, then a refresher session may be necessary to reacquaint your child. If it has been over six months since your child has been in treatment at ATS, your child will need to complete a re-evaluation. If your child has never received treatment at ATS, and you think this group is ideal for your child's needs, please contact ATS at 630-230-6505 to set up an intake evaluation or click here to request an appointment. If you think an introductory group is more appropriate, then consider Come Play, Courage Club, or Social Thinking Group.